Previously I made a post on how to install Torrentflux on Ubuntu Gutsy. So here is some update on How to use torrentflux-b4rt edition on your Ubuntu Hardy. Well, you must be wondering why use torrentflux-b4rt instead of torrentflux. Well, there are a lot of new features on b4rt edition on writing and speed. Well if you really would like to know what b4rt made of, the you should really visit their site here.
So here is step-by-step on how to install the latest torrentflux-b4rt on Hardy Heron:
- I assume you have your LAMP installed on your system before running this tutorial. If you still didnt install apache, php and mysql - then I will advise you to google search on how to install them on your system.
- After installing LAMP, then we could start the procedure with downloading the latest b4rt into your /var/www folder.
cd /var/www && wget http://gunblade.fakap.net/doc/torrentflux-b4rt_1.0-beta2.tar.bz2
- Extract the files on your webserver folder.
tar xf torrentflux-b4rt_1.0-beta2.tar.bz2 && mv torrentflux-b4rt_1.0-beta2/html ./flux
- Now we could install all the requirement of torrentflux-b4rt before proceeding with further installation:
sudo apt-get install php5-cli unzip unrar transmission-cli
wget http://ubuntu2.cica.es/ubuntu/ubuntu/pool/universe/c/cksfv/cksfv_1.3.5-1_i386.deb && sudo dpkg -i cksfv*deb
sudo apt-get install php5-gd libxml-dom-perl libxml-simple-perl libthreads-shared-perl libdigest-sha1-perl libhtml-parser-perl
*thanks to phil for the info
- After installation of the requirement ready, we may proceed on installing torrentflux-b4rt to our system. To install, open up your firefox browser, and navigate to http://localhost/flux
- Follow the instruction and remember to set the database information correctly. Mostly, people will make silly mistakes here.